In the High Peaks
















Monday, October 11, 2010

More Info on the Forthcoming May Sarton Read


As seems to happen often these days, I did not post everything I should have about the upcoming May Sarton read of The Small Room. (Scroll down for more information about this title and about May Sarton.) I discovered that this event is coming from the blog, A Work in Progress. My copy has arrived from Amazon, and the book appears to be a very quick read, pages in the low 200's, wide leading between the lines, nominal cost. There's still time to join us!

You'll notice that the A Work in Progress post listed above links to the blog? Slaves of Golconda. Follow her link to this site if you like. I'm not overly optimistic about their participation, because they haven't made a blog entry since August 15th. However, we can discuss The Small Room here and at A Work in Progress at the end of the month!

Any takers?

4 comments:

  1. I'm in! I guess I better go check out the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm expecting the book to arrive in a day or so. So I'm in too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you're joining us for the discussion of The Small Room!

    I've read only Sarton's journals, so I'm not sure what to expect! The fact that the book was published in 1961 will be an interesting contrast to today's academic world, or maybe, perhaps, not so much of a contrast! We'll see!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Small Room many years ago, and own most of her books. I had the great privilege of knowing her personally as a friend. So I look forward to re-reading the book and sharing reactions with you people.

    ReplyDelete