In the High Peaks
















Saturday, December 4, 2010

Breathing Life into My Literary Lungs

I really must fully engage with the literary life. I feel so much more alive when I'm reading a great deal and involved in literature. I've been so overwhelmed, I haven't been able to nourish this part of my being. No job, no project, no worldly effort is worth giving up books.


I'm torn because I have so many books I want to read all at once. First I need some comfort (see my previous post below). So why not start with Katherine Hall Page's The Body in the Sleigh, a Christmas title from 2009? I happen to know Katherine; we served on the board of our alma mater's library for years, until I moved to the Adirondacks. Katherine has had quite a following for her mystery series. Given my trials of late, I think I could use something fun.

2 comments:

  1. Mysteries are often my favorite comfort reads, too. Sorry to hear your students are being difficult. Do you think it is laziness or just they really don't understand--though as you've gone over it with them, how could they not understand. I'd go a little crazy if I couldn't escape into a good story and have to read a little every day. I hope you have more reading time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came in over Google alerts and what a wonderful surprise! I'll be at our Alma Mater tonight for the Vespers service and will be thinking of you.
    All best wishes,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete